The material contained in these web pages is provided for general information purposes only. While every care and effort have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, the African Unity Life Limited, which includes its subsidiaries for purposes hereof, make no representation and gives no warranty, whether express or implied, relating to the correctness of the information in these web pages. African Unity Life Limited accepts no responsibility for, and the user indemnifies African Unity Life Limited harmless from any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatsoever nature (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss), arising from the reliance on information contained in these pages, or otherwise connected with the information in these pages [whether arising from breach of contract (fundamental or otherwise), delict, negligence, gross negligence or otherwise]. Except where otherwise stated, the copyright of all site contents is owned by African Unity Life Limited. No part of the site contents may be reproduced or transmitted or reused or be made available in any manner or any media, unless prior written consent has been obtained from African Unity Life Limited. In the event of any dispute of whatever nature arising as a result of the use of the information on these web pages, the user (including users resident outside the Republic of South Africa) accepts that the law of the Republic of South Africa shall apply.
DISCLAIMER IN TERMS OF POPI
- to be notified that personal information is being collected or that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by unauthorised persons;
- to request access to your personal information held by any Responsible Party;
- to request the correction, destruction or deletion of your personal information;
- to object to the processing of your personal information; (please note that your application cannot proceed should you object to the collection and processing of your personal information for the reasonable Purpose as set out)
- not to have your personal information processed for purposes of direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communication unless you have provided consent;
- not to be subject to a decision solely based on the basis of automated processing of your personal information;
- to submit a complaint to African Unity's Information Officer, should you not be satisfied with the outcome you are entitled to submit your complaint to the Information Regulator;
- to institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
Your personal information is collected, processed and will be recorded and stored for purposes of facilitating the conclusion of the application for insurance you have applied for as well as maintaining and risk managing your insurance.
African Unity Life Ltd. will not share your information with any third party unless it is for purposes of facilitating the conclusion of this application for insurance and managing your insurance portfolio. African Unity may therefore with your permission, disclose your information to any of our legitimate business partners should it be necessary and complementary to the purpose of maintaining your insurance.
Where information is shared, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us. Your information may be hosted on servers managed by a third-party service provider which may be located outside of South Africa.
African Unity is committed to safeguarding your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information and is bound by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013
If you are unsatisfied on the handling of your personal information, contact our Information Officer:
Name: Herman Lombard
Contact Number: 0861 234 555
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should African Unity be unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you are entitled to complain to the Information Regulator.
Information Regulator: Ms Mmamoroke Mphelo
Physical Address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria
Email Address: email@example.com